A list of Firefox extensions that are useful for web development. The Web Developer Extension is a 'must have' for web developers (i.e. if you could only have one, it would be it). Some haven't been updated for Firefox 1.5 (or you may have to go to the extension authors homepage to get an updated version).
Update (07 Dec 2005): Add N Edit Cookies, DevBoi, Screen grab!, MozRef Sidebar.
Update (20 Jan 2006): Console², FireBug, View Cookies, View Rendered Source Chart.
Update (25 Jan 2006): IE View Lite.
- Aardvark (remove elements of a page, can view tag type/id/class)
- Add N Edit Cookies
- Codetch (WYSIWYG editor)
- ColorZilla (colour picker)
- DevBoi (web development documentation reference)
- Fangs Screen Reader Emulator
- Html Validator
- Hypertext DOM Browser
- IE Tab
- IE View
- IE View Lite (smaller download than IE View, by almost 10x)
- LoremIpsum Content Generator (generate filler content to test web page layout)
- MeasureIt (onscreen ruler)
- Modify Headers
- MozRef Sidebar (a reference for the Mozilla DOM)
- Screen grab! (save entire web page as an image, requires Java)
- Table Inspector (show accessibility feature on tables)
- Tamper Data (view/modify http headers)
- User Agent Switcher (for those sites that block non-IE users)
- View Cookies
- View Rendered Source Chart
- Web Developer Extension (best extension there is for developers, far too many features to mention)
And for Internet Explorer:
- Internet Explorer Developer Toolbar
- Web Accessibility Toolbar
- Internet Explorer 5 Web Developer Accessories (some of it still works in IE6, but it is better to use the Internet Explorer Developer Toolbar)
There may be others for Internet Explorer that I do not know of (I have also not listed anything that you have to pay for).